When it is time for a new multifunction printer there are many factors to take into consideration. Besides which functions and features you need, you must also decide whether purchasing or leasing the MFP is the best option for your business. Here are some things to consider when making your choice.
- Buying and leasing both offer benefits, so it is important to consider the factors specific to your business needs and budget. For example, if your company does a lot of production printing, leasing offers significant benefits over purchasing a new printer.
- No money down is one of the biggest advantages of leasing. When you lease an MFP or copier, you don’t have to put any money down, which is helpful to tight budgets or small business startups.
- Small upfront fee. The good news is that if you decide to buy, you generally only have to put down 10 percent, which for cash-savvy businesses is not a large amount, but can hurt those without a good cash base.
- When you lease office equipment from UBS, you get carefree maintenance on all your equipment. We offer straightforward repair and service agreements that cover any issues that may arise. You can focus on your business needs without worrying about equipment maintenance.
- Upgrade as needed. While buying a printer means you have it for the long haul, when you lease, you have the opportunity to upgrade as technology advances. And we know that technology moves at a rapid pace, especially when it comes to production printing; be ready for the next best thing by leasing with upgrade options.
- Tax breaks. Many businesses don’t realize that just as with purchasing, leasing office equipment is also tax deductible. That’s right: the amount you pay towards leasing your equipment is tax deductible, helping you save even more money.
- A lesser-known choice. Unfortunately, many production printing businesses don’t realize that leasing MFPs and wide format printers are a viable option for their company. With so many advantages, it often turns out to be the best choice.
Whether you choose to buy or lease, when you work with the experts at UBS, we will ensure that you receive the best service possible and have access to the most cutting-edge printers and copiers.
If you want to know more about which equipment is best for in-house production printing, check out this recent blog post on the subject.